Is it sad and pathetic when you realize the smallest things in the world can make you happy, or a sign of your growing maturity and wisdom in Life? Take yesterday, for example. I had two moments of sheer bliss yesterday, and all because I'm either a sad-pathetic-loser or a mature-beacon-of-wisdom. What were these moments, you ask?
Deliveries. That's all. Just deliveries. One was for pictures I sent off over the Internet, the other was groceries.
See? I told you it was sad and pathetic.
But in one fell swoop (what IS that exactly, anyway?) I was multi-tasking like never before. I was able to time the deliveries for during Little Cub's nap, and while waiting for them to show up, I got a few boring, tedious household chores and phone calls done. Might not sound like much, but when you consider that basically means I was house-cleaning, grocery shopping, phone-call-making, picture printing AND babysitting all at once ..... well, I'd like to see how many people could pull off something like that without the use of a Stay-at-Home Mommy's best friend, that glorious Internet.
It saved me from dragging a toddler of questionable temperament into a public environment (will he / won't he feel like going into the car-shopping cart peacefully? will he / won't he break free and run a 100m sprint through moving cars in the parking lot? will he / won't he try to push all the buttons on the photo kiosk and order 150 unwanted postcards, costing me a weeks' salary?), nor did it cost me any of my precious toddler-free time, which can always be filled with more important things like gym classes, garage-clearing, or (gasp! horror!) maybe 15 whole minutes to chill out with a book.
Not that I'm meaning to rant, I'm just easily pleased by the small things in Life now.
No comments:
Post a Comment