At the playground the weekend before The Cat arrived, I finally learned why our sofa ends up covered in sand when LC comes home from school, despite him taking shoes and socks off outside before entering the house
Daddy and The Cat (in the hospital room, only an hour or so old)

At home

Proud big brother


Helping the baby nurse give The Cat her first bath

Awwwww!
Our house all decorated with pink flowers and 'Hoera, een meisje!' goodies (translation; 'Hooray, a girl!')

Big brother had fun helping Daddy with the creative aspect of it all



Awwwwww! again
Well, at least ONE of them is happy

Decorations for LC's birthday (less than a week after The Cat's)


Yea, shoes! (until I met Big Chief, I thought only women got this excited over footwear .... I'm thrilled beyond all explanation that he's passed those genes on to his son)


Our family, in shoes

Birthday trip to the zoo. LC got a disposable camera to memorialize the day however he wanted ... I'll try to post some of those when we get them back
Funny faces!





In Holland, there are a lot of kids' things that have to do with 'kabouters' (elves/gnomes, etc) and 'paddestoelen' (toadstools). Lc was thrilled with his paddestoelen/toadstool cupcakes for his birthday...and Mama was thrilled with the ease in making them!

This girl LOVES her baths. And just like Daddy, she curls both fists up under her chin and (get this) FALLS ASLEEP in the tub. The apple hasn't fallen far from the tree on this one!

Flowers from Daddy's work, followed soon after by a big basket of clothes from various countries. We really got spoiled!

I was just too proud ..... Day TEN and back into pre-pregnancy jeans already. Holy crap, how did that happen?!

Who does The Cat look like? people ask. Well, in a number of pictures, she looks like her big brother! Here's just one example. (the nose is the big difference)

This is all I have time for now. I know, I've been terrible at posting pictures and stories, but as The Cat is sleeping in our bedroom right next to the computer, I'm struggling to find good times to get caught up. Would you believe it's been three and a half weeks since she came into our lives? And this is the first time I've posted pictures! Like I said, I've been struggling. I plan on getting much better about this very soon ...... maybe right after I go take my nap.
3 comments:
This whole post should have been titled, "Awwwwwwwww!" She is so precious, girlfriend. And yes, she totally looks like LC in that 2nd to last pic, except the nose.
I can't believe their birthdays are so close...at least they're not on the same day!
I also can't believe she's 3.5 weeks old. But then again, on Jason's 1 month birthday, a neighbor drove by as I was walking Ryan to the bus and I realized she'd never met Jason. It had been a month, she lived 2 houses away, I saw her outside almost every day of the latter part of my pregnancy and she'd never seen my one month old!??! I attributed it to being in survival mode.
She is just gorgeous!! Congrats!
What a beautiful photo montage. I smiled at every picture! Congratulations on the new baby! You have a gorgeous family! And being the mother of one boy and one girl, you are no longer outnumbered in your house! :)
Post a Comment