Saturday, 2 July 2011

What Our Ears Hear

Mr T: But why can't I go with Daddy and Kitty Kat?!
Me: Because Daddy's having some special Daddy-and-Kitty-Kat time taking her for a walk, just like you and Daddy get Special Time every weekend when he takes you swimming. This is the start of her Special Daddy Time each weekend.
Mr T: But I need to be with Daddy so I can give him lots more kisses! Before he didn't need so many kisses, but now he does because he's getting older so will die sooner than he was going to a few years ago and I need enough time to give him all the kisses he needs before he dies.
(Awwwww......)

Mr T: Are you sure this is the right way to get home?
Daddy: Yep
Mr T: Because, you know, nobody's perfect, and that means you too, so you could just think this is the right way, but still be wrong about it.
(nothing like a 6-year-old to get you second-guessing yourself)

Mr T: When I grow up, maybe I can be a hunchback so that I can make people tired.
Me: Huh?
Mr T: Yeah, because if my back is all hunched over, that's because it doesn't work very well, so I'll need other people to help me do lots of things. And maybe they'll already be tired from all the things they have to do anyway, and when they have to do even more things to help me out, they'll get really tired! It's the same if I was blind or deaf.
(I'm not sure which disturbs me more, the fact that he's thinks he'll be exhausting others by asking for help, or that he's excited about the prospect of it)

Some of his favorite insults
* Shrink rat! (from Aladdin....it's supposed to be 'street rat')
* Illiant! ('idiot' but he heard it wrong)
* Boron! (this is my all-time favorite, especially when you hear it in person. It's really 'moron' but his way is too damn funny so we never bothered correcting him)
* Henry Potter! (oh yes, it's Henry instead of Harry, and only Mr T knows why. This is his version of adults' 'Oh sh*t!' or 'Damn it!' or other such things. For the very important times like when you drop your Lego's or have to go back to the bathroom to brush your teeth)

1 comment:

Auntie Naughty said...

OMG! Henry Potter is my FAVORITE!!! I may have to start using that one myself!! :)