I think I'm jealous of my dear friend Katie, who just had 'The Truth About the Easter Bunny and Santa' conversation with her children (link here, if you want to read it). It's not that I want to have that conversation myself, because I am certainly NOT looking forward to it. But I'd rather have that one than the one that has just come up in our house.
Mr T (in the shower): Mommy, what are these for?
<<< Hint: He was referring to a pair of anatomical structures in his nether regions >>>
Me: Well, when you're grown up and a Daddy, they help make babies.
Mr T: Oh yeah, I thought I remember Daddy saying that to me one time.
Me: (phew, that's the end of that)
Mr T: Ok, but HOW do they help make babies?
Me: (damn!) Um, it's kind of hard to explain. I have a book that's just for children that can explain it better than I can. Maybe we can look at it together tomorrow? (please forget, please forget, please forget)
Mr T: Oooh, yes. Let's set it out tonight so we don't forget when I come home from school.
Me: ($£@%$%#@!!!!!!) Sure, buddy. Great idea.
Katie, I'll trade you conversations.....I'm not ready for this one yet!
4 comments:
That falls into the "I'll tell you when you're 10" catagory. Read: not ready to share yet! Ryan thinks 10 is the age when all wisdom will be bestowed upon him, but really it's just the age I pulled out of thin air years ago and it seemed to stick. ;)
When a man and a woman love each other very much...
Glad it's you and not me! :)
Granny Eagle Eyes: I'm just waiting for the next blog to tell how it went!!!!
I like your answer! Well done!
Ethan wants to know what the difference is between the eggs we eat and the eggs that have baby chicks in them. I tried my best to explain, but I think I might need to do some googling to make sure I got it right ;)
Post a Comment