Monday, 10 December 2012

5:2

I meant to blog about this ages ago when Big Chief and I started doing this, but never got around to it. Now you just get the short version.

In a nutshell, we're fasting two days a week and seeing some big benefits from it. It all started when we realized information had been showing up in our lives over a period of six months or so from random different sources in random different forms and using random different voices but all saying essentially the same thing:

Human beings don't live 'natural' lives. The natural world has all kinds of ebbs and flows, but we tend to keep on a 'steady as she goes' mentality. Life is better with its ups and downs.

The final nail in the coffin was an episode of BBC's science show, Horizon. I don't remember asking my TV to records episodes of Horizon, but there it was one day, all about improved health through fasting. This article is the Horizon episode in summarized, written form.

I'm not saying this is for everyone, I'm not saying we're right and you're wrong if you don't do it as well, I'm not saying you should go out and try it. I'm simply saying it works for us, and believe it or not, during this season of indulgence, I actually look forward to my fasting days.

Of course, by 9pm on fasting days, I look forward to them being over.

1 comment:

Aunt Naughty said...

VERY interesting. I wish you had time to share more about this ... perhaps one day you'll give us more details on your benefits and how you manage to be successful.

My handsome and I tried a juice diet once and I did pretty good but really got tired of cleaning up the juicer. I admit, though, I'm a hungry gal. What's your key to success?