So those of you who know me and my kids have probably been thinking 'Ummmmm, I know Kitty Kat and Mr T have their birthdays less than a week apart. She wrote about Kitty Kat AGES ago; where's the blog about Mr T?'
There's a perfectly good explanation for that.....we didn't celebrate his birthday. ?!?!?!?! Shock! Horror! Scorn! Scolding!
I know, I know, horrible parents, aren't we? (do you like how I sucked Big Chief into the lump of blame as well?) But the truth is, this year, it just simply didn't happen, mostly because Mr T was fine with it NOT happening. Things were getting complicated with dates and friends and locations and prices and desires and everything else, so it just sort of slipped by unnoticed. On the day, he had a friend over, we threw chicken and hot dogs on the grill, the boys slept in the tent and got to watch 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' out there (which Mr T was BEYOND excited about), I made ice cream sandwiches, and......well, that was it really! He couldn't really get fired up about any of the birthday party ideas we came up with, his birthday falls in the middle of school vacations so all of his close friends were gone anyway, and so hot dogs and camping in the backyard it was. He was so chilled about it and so 'Nope, that's fine, that's all I want' that we just sort of reveled in the laid-back-ness of it all and enjoyed it ourselves.
When 'How To Train Your Dragon 2' comes out in early July, we're going to have his very belated party then by taking him and his friends (because, secretly, we want to see it, too!) and that will be it. I guess until then, there's not much to say other than my gorgeous boy is now 9 (!!!!) and it all seemed to have snuck up on us and silently wormed its way into our lives.
So Happy Birthday, Mr T! We'll make a big stink about it later.....or not. You know, whatever.
No comments:
Post a Comment