Friday, 3 April 2015

Easter party 2015

Another Good Friday down, another Easter party finished. (*insert sigh of happy exhaustion*) The intention was to have a picnic in the woods and have everyone burn off energy with frisbees, balls, climbing trees, etc. Unfortunately, the weather had other plans, so we had to have it at home. I was pleasantly surprised that these kids who have been coming here for six years now STILL want to come back to an Easter party. Eggs and fluffy bunnies are not exactly what I imagine 10-year-old boys want in a party! I'm no fool, a big draw is the prospect of junk food and arse-ing around being stupid together, but they were still eager for the games....so I guess they haven't totally grown out of their childhoods yet. 

Good.

 THE PREP
Window decoration
Not Cake Boss worthy, but my clientele is far less discerning
 THE GAMES
Egg dyeing
Pictionary
Beanbag tossing
(Daddy ramped it up a bit)
But if we can't hunt for these eggs in the woods, where oh where will we find them?
In here......
......blindfolded......
......and it could get intense.
What are these for?
To kiww de wabbit, of course
(I had to modify SOME things to adapt to the age)
The boys weren't the only ones who loved it
(Later, when all the boys were outside, she took to more Mafia-style, close-range executions)
After all that, the boys needed to burn off some sugar-laden craziness, so we kicked them out of the house to an enclosed soccer cage a few blocks away. Now the dishes are in the dishwasher, the leftovers in the fridge, the kids stunting some brain cells on iPads/iPhones, and this mama is about to have a nice glass of wine. Or even a mediocre glass of wine, I really don't care.

No comments: