Sunday, 30 November 2008

Picture Pages!

Remember Picture Pages? Please tell me I wasn't the only dorky kid out there who loved that. Ok, what about Captain Kangaroo? Ooh, and SchoolHouse Rock! Yeah, ok, so I was a fraction young to totally get into them, but maybe that was the appeal. That I was watching something for 'big kids'. And would you believe that I actually bought the 30-year anniversary DVD when it came out a couple years ago? I can't wait for LC to be old enough to enjoy them. Because he will, damn it. Whether he wants to or not!

Well, that was a nice little stroll down Memory Lane, but it was a pretty tenuous link to this blog. I really just have a bizillion pictures to catch up on, so the phrase 'Picture Pages' popped into my mind, and I tangent-ed off of that. (yes, in my blog world, tangent-ed is a real word) Here we go:

Halloween party at Aunt Liberty Bell's house

















Aunt Liberty Bell, a vision in monkey fur













Our bedlinen (sorry Aunt Snake-in-the-Book, it wasn't ironed and the room hasn't been cleared of clutter, but you can at least see the bedding)













Our own shower-singing superstar













How To Occupy a Kid for 20 Blissful Minutes .... Get him to rip the stalks off of spinach leaves













I don't need no stinkin' bed to sleep! I can just sit up on my knees and rest my head on my elbows (a preview of how I'll do this in school in the years to come).













Or I can sleep on the floor. Whatever.













LC and Daddy had great fun making Zwarte Piet hats at the Sinterklaas party at Daddy's work

















Then displaying their art work proudly for the masses

















and I do mean masses













But when it came time to meeting Zwarte Piet? Forget it.













Or Sinterklaas? No thanks.

















Just give me my damn present....













.....and let me get on to more important things, like jumping around outside in the cold.













Speaking of cold, it does sometimes get around to snowing here


































But doesn't stick around long enough for any real fun

















So LC has to resort to throwing snowpebbles (click to see the mid-toss expression I caught ... it cracks me up!)













We had our first real phone conversation with friend Mayhem. A quick breakdown of LC's side of the conversation went like this (and I quote): Did you cook some traffic? Look at the puzzle I made. Can you make me a present? It;s cold outside, so it's snowing. Are you coming to my house? I'm just sharing Daddy's cereal. Did you remember the hello game? I have chocolates at Eenie Meenie.
Having spoken to Mayhem's mom, I can confirm that his side of the conversation was every bit as random, but not a single thing these two boys said linked up with what the other was saying. Oh to have had two video cameras and a split-screen TV to watch this in real-time!

















Yoga Boy

















Look at the fun cookies I can make! (she says, shamelessly patting herself on the back)













And look at the mess I can make while doing it!













But Little Cub pitches in with the creativity, too






























Is it just me, or does this kid look way older than three?!













Our lovely Thanksgiving table (thanks Aunt Naughty for the linens!)

















My boys wordlessly bonding through football and puzzles













Daddy couldn't control his laughter after putting on the socks of LC's ManUtd kit, then watching the (not so) mini terror run around all Full Monty. And I couldn't control my urge to get the camera and snap some future blackmail shots.

















But we did manage to get the whole outfit on him in the end.


















So there you have it! A blog-full of pictures that should get me through at least a couple weeks days of not being yelled at for more pictures. I'm doing my best here, people!

xoxoxoxoxox

3 comments:

April said...

And now I can't stop singing the Picture Pages song. Thank you.

I totally had a crush on Mr. Green Jeans. And he was old. I'm one sick puppy.

"Intentionally Katie" said...

Great commentary! And dude- I'd be scared of black Pete, too...and elves...and reindeer...and Santa...and clowns...I totally get those fears.

I love the new blog look, by the way!

April said...

I laughed out loud at your comment on my trifle post. You NEVER have to sensor your sarcasm with me baby. I will only respect you more for it. :)