The final stretch. The last 10 weeks (I hope). The upstoppable downhill slide into The World of the Newborn. How the heck did THAT happen so fast?!
Anyway, just a little progress report for those of you who are interested. (those of you not interested are perfectly welcome to click away to another website now) My care has now been completely handed off to the hospital midwives, after my lovely doctor made sure my records have a big, unmissable, neon yellow message in the middle of every screen to pop up that reads
'When in labor, check her progress often. And the minute she asks for pain medication, just give her what she wants rather than try to talk her out of it.'
Hot damn! Those of you who know the previous (minor) horror story with Little Cub's arrival will understand how over-the-moon I am to know those instructions will follow my every move. Such a relief.
My blood pressure is still freakishly low, which may contribute to my tiredness every day. My naps have graduated from 1-hour to 2-hours in length, and even then I can still sometime doze again. That's ok, though, because it's balanced out by me waking up 3-4 times each night. Look who's getting prepared for interrupted sleep for the next 6 months!
Yes, my bump is getting impressive, and yes, I WILL have pictures to show in the next couple weeks. But honestly, I still don't feel like I'm huge. Those of you who see me on a regular basis can correct me if I'm wrong here, but I don't think I look massive for being 7 months along.
Speaking of massive, though, I'm pretty sure this one will be big, too. Little Cub was a whopping 4.5kg / 9lbs12oz, and from what I'm feeling so far, I'm not expecting a midget this time around. At the midwives today, the trainee said to her coach 'I can't feel where the head is' .... all the while I'm grimacing in extreme discomfort as she's poking around. When the senior midwife felt around to check, she said 'Ah, that's because it's not in the usual vertical position. This kid's laying SIDEWAYS.'
No WONDER I was feeling contorted out of all normal shape today! Can't wait for the little critter to get back into a normal position so I don't feel so much like Gumby.
Anyway, I suppose that's enough for now. LC and I are off to London next week for the school vacation, and then when we get back in March, it's All Systems Go around the house in preparation for baby. I've decided I don't want to do a darn thing once the calendar turns to April, so March will be all about building and moving around furniture (not me, but Big Chief and all his burly, manly-type friends), getting down LC's baby clothes and washing them, getting in the handyman to finish up some projects around the house, making the birthday and new baby gifts for LC to take to school (wait until you see what I'm doing for those .... if it turns out like I have it mind, it will be really cool!), making my lists and checking them twice. One week of a break, one month of work, three weeks of waiting ..... and then chaos.
Nice to know I've got it all planned out.
4 comments:
What fun! Don't other people's pregnancies go by so much faster than your own?
And as a mom of a 9 pounder, and then a 10 pounder, I'm pretty sure that subsequent babies just keep getting bigger. My doc tried to convince me to try one more time for 11 pounds, but I had to pass ;)
Ah You lovely Type A personalities!! Haven't you figured out yet that things never go as planned? Just ask my sister...who "planned" to have the twins' room ready before the new year so she had the last couple months to rest and wait...and guess who is still in the process of "getting ready" and fixing up the room?!?! :) I have a feeling your plans will go a bit smoother, though.
And since I just "saw" you not too long ago - I agree that you're bump is impressive but not massive yet. So, you're not huge. But, maybe I've got skewed vision considering I've been hanging around my sister who is 8 months along with twins. I call her "Large and In Charge!" :)
Love you!!!
Was my Sarcasm Meter broken when I wrote this post? Have you people seriously not clued into the fact that the 'planned' comment at the end was completely tongue-in-cheek?!
Man, these pregnancy hormones are making me lose my edge, in addition to my sanity.
I can't wait to see pictures!
Post a Comment