1. Since the age of three months, while holding onto someone's fingers, she's been able to pull herself to a seated position from on her back, and then push herself to standing AND STAY THERE FAIRLY STABLE. From three months....from lying flat to standing with only holding fingers. Holy crap.
2. She's been arching on her back and supporting herself on only her heels and tip of her head since 4 months. Bizarre.
3. She crawled four full paces today. If we had carpet to give her some traction rather than slippery laminate, I'm sure by this weekend she'd be tearing up the house with her mad crawling. Give it another two weeks, she'll be lethal.
4. More than one medical professional has commented on her freakish strength....and that started on day seven when she had her heel prick. The nurse then said 'Could you try to hold her a little tighter? Normally I don't have many problems holding onto newborns' legs to get this, but I'm really having a hard time with her because she's so strong. I usually don't need Mom's help, but I do with her!' And now, the doctors really struggle when they try to check her hips/back/etc because when she resists bending somewhere, it's just not going to happen. The Cat has clearly followed in her brother's footsteps on this one. We're considering re-naming them He-Man and She-ra.

5. Also like her brother, she began the gradual end of breastfeeding at (approx) 4 months, and has all but stopped it now at six months. We still keep morning and bedtime, but they're really just token gestures. She's been steadily but somewhat significantly slipping down the percentiles on the charts for a couple months now, so we and the doctors agree it's time to admit that all good things must come to an end. In a nutshell: She's too strong, active, and impatient to get everything she needs directly from Mama anymore. So we're pumping her full of calories and fat in all forms (rice in the formula bottle, three large 'real' meals a day, etc) to try to fatten her up; GretelCat.
6. She has the most amazing voice in the world. From Day One, she's made sweet baby noises that we just never heard from Mr T. She actually talks. I know it sounds weird, but she busts a gut laughing and truly talks. Not to mention the tongue-clicking (like when someone makes horse-trotting sounds) and raspberry-blowing.....which she also tries to do while still 'attached' during breastfeeding. Hmmmmm, no wonder she's not getting enough calories!
7. This girl is HEAD OVER HEELS IN LOVE with her brother. He walks in the room, and she has eyes for nobody else. The rest of the world (almost) ceases to exist when he's around. So. Damn. Cute.
XOXOXOXOXO


2 comments:
Sweet thang!!! She's just precious and "Gretelcat" is just too cute of a nickname!!
I'm hoping to see this little cutie and her family in December!! :)
She is starting to look so much like her big brother! (At least that's what I think, based on the photos you post!)
Post a Comment