Monday, 12 December 2011

Sinterklaas 2011

I just realized that I did that great big post about Sinterklaas, but didn't get around to posting our pictures from this year's festivities. Oops.

I'll have to ask you to forgive the messy house in the background (some days, you just don't give a damn), and no, we didn't abuse our son. He just felt it was necessary to mop up the concrete on the school playground.....with his face.  :-(  Poor thing. The resulting pictures were after three days of healing, too.


Zwarte Piet hats!
Face-plant into Tiny
At the Sinterklaas show hosted by a local community centre
I got to join in the fun, too
We had the best seats...Mr T got to shake the big man's hand upon his arrival
And then again with the masses
Looks more like a Zwarte Piet shower cap on her
Pakjesavond. He JUST missed the knock on the door!  ;-)   (Sint delivers his gifts to your doorstep in the evening, usually in a burlap bag.....Mr T and Kitty Kat scored big with a joint gift of a wooden sleigh as well)

Maybe I can still just catch a glimpse of him on the rooftops.....
She hasn't quite got the concept of how a rain poncho works
But she knows she likes footwear!
Academically-inclined Mr T begged for a spiral notebook. Um, ok.

You're never too old for fleecey, footed pj's

No comments: