Dam to Dam Run
Today
was the Dam to Dam run in Amsterdam, and a group of us did the Ladies
Run to raise money for a children's hospital here in the Netherlands (€1300 and counting!).
Thank you, my dear husband, for creating the logo for our running
shirts. As you can see, we all looked FANTASTIC in them. Well done you, Big Chief!
Of course, we ladies did the REAL work today, with our 4mile/6.4km run
in Amsterdam. No doubt we earned a well-deserved rest, pat on the back,
and comfort food to celebrate the day. Go us!
As for me, I'm
over the moon at the fact I somehow managed to achieve one of my
personal bests....a finishing time of 36:37. ?!?!?! I'm still not
entirely sure how that happened, but I'm afraid it may cause me to want
to do more races in the future, just to see if I can keep it up. Bugger.
(that DOES mean more hard-earned junk food afterwards, though,
right???)
1 comment:
Wow! I'm so hoping to get back in the groove of jogging again. I'm up to 5 minutes, dying every second, sucking wind like a 400 lb couch potato. :) I'm close, right?
Post a Comment