I think I've finally cracked this whole 'toddler' nonsense (at least for this week, anyway). It's all a game of negotiation. Forget job-seeking, international business deals, or UN diplomacy, working with a toddler is negotiation on a whole other level. And I've figured out that's what makes Little Cub click. Fear means nothing to him, the magic words 'because I said so' are totally useless, but strike up a little deal and we've got it made. His current Life Motto is 'What's in it for me?'
Wanna watch Backyardigans.
Finish your dinner.
........ Wanna eat, THEN watch Backyardigans.
Come on, time to go.
Nay, I busy.
Your Diego book is in the car.
....... Yeah, ok. Mommy, come drive the car.
Want bagel.
I need you to get in the stroller.
Want bagel.
We can get a bagel when you're in the stroller.
........ Want stroller.
Cold War, Kyoto Treaty, NRA? Put those issues in the hands of moms with toddlers, and they'd be sorted in the blink of an eye ..... or the opening of a snackpack of raisins.
No comments:
Post a Comment