Anyone spot what's wrong in these two pictures? Big Chief and I were laughing too hard to help Little Cub put himself back in order. I know, crap parents. But whatever, at least we're entertained with our shortcomings. (this picture was after his haircut this past weekend, btw)
This is what I tend to find now when I check in on Quiet Time. The rule is, LC has to stay in his bed. Yeah right. The little devil pushes the boundaries by taking the biggest step possible to reach his bookcase in one step, grabs whatever he can get, then swivels back around and Gumby-stretches himself back into bed with his stolen treasure. Therefore, technically, he IS still in bed. Gotta hand it to him on that one!
And this is what I found when he upstairs 'to find a book'
Bob the Builder and his gang working in an entirely new venue
The Cars Dude came over for an afternoon, and he and LC read each other Dr Suess books. Simultaneously. So cute!
This was the 'sea-view' from our hotel room in Africa. Look beyond the trees to the left, and you can actually see the sea. Two floors up would have been even better, but never mind. We could hear it 24/7, so that was good enough. Ahhhhh, bliss.
Not only that, THIS was where I spent two solid days at the end of February, on a continent I'd never visited before. Ahhhh, even more bliss! And yes, that's my knee and Big Chief's foot in their full naked glory.
The day we went quad biking.
Leave it to my husband to be able to make a quad bike look puny.
Did you know that mosques wrap the prayer blankets around the interior pillars for the people who are too weak to remain upright while seated throughout the entire prayer session? It's so they can recline against the pillars without getting a chill from the cold marble. I love that!
Such a cool thing. Instead of building fences around plots of land, they take advantage of natural resources and build cactus hedges. That's got to be better than any man-made barrier. Who's stupid enough to try to get through that?!
A view of separating sections of an olive grove with cactus hedges
Public restrooms at our hotel. Not often I see restroom entrances that make me want to take a picture, but this was an exception. It was really beautiful, and who takes so much effort to make a restroom look so nice?
Our hotel
This is at the airport before we left for Africa (remember, we're going in reverse order today). Check out the 'No Under-18s' sign and LC's facial expression. Our son, the rebel.
Family photo, plus one background-straggler
At the National Army Museum in London (yes, I felt compelled to dress him appropriately for the day in camo). Yet another free place with kids' entertainment. Who knew all it takes to get cultured is to have a kid? I've never visited so many museums in my life!
Most of the day, LC and RatBoy entertained each other with chasing games. Not only did I have a free afternoon, I got a free babysitter too!
One of the best signs on private property ever.
The sky's the limit on where he'll drive his Cars.
Aunt Liberty Bell, Auntie Choc and I had a rare opportunity to get a shot of our three boys (minus the 'baby' S) all sitting together. Out of the 40 bizillion pictures taken by 3 cameras in the span of the 12 seconds they were all still, this is the best one I could find. One absorbed in the movie, one hamming it up, and the other a stoned Buddha. How cute are they?!
No comments:
Post a Comment