FLOWER DAY FOR TEACHER
One of Little Cub's teachers recently celebrated her 25th anniversary as a teacher...the woman deserves to be sainted! In addition to putting together the usual collection for a group gift from the class (where everyone contributed $1-$2), the school as a whole asked that all children who wanted to, bring one flower on her party day. Isn't that a great idea? Everyone gets to feel part of it, nobody competes for bringing a bigger and/or better bouquet, parents can spend 50cents at the flower shop or just pick something from their own backyard, and each child gets the personalized moment of giving their flower to the teacher. And yes, she personally took the flower from each child, giving them that moment of eye contact and recognition. Patience of a saint. AND check out the swarm of flowers she ended up with! I'm seriously loving this idea.
POPCORN HAND
Ok, so this looks a little creepy, but I think that could make it a perfect Halloween goodie bag. A box of cheap plastic kitchen gloves, a few black/brown/orange Reese's pieces or M&Ms, and maybe green karamelkorn....wouldn't that make the BEST Frankenstein hand?! And for so little effort! If only the Dutch celebrated Halloween, I would sooooo be doing this. Aw screw it, maybe I'll do it anyway. Loving this idea, too.
ART COLLECTION POSTER
Not to brag or anything, but I'm most proud of this idea; most likely because it was my own. Little Cub had this huge blank wall in his room that desperately needed something on it, but I HATE paying for decorating kids' rooms. So I decided to save up some of his 'better' artwork from daycare/playgroup/school over time, take pictures of him during craft-y moments, and take pictures of some of the larger and 3D crafts he's made that I want to remember but not necessarily keep. For the cost of one poster frame and a couple hours of my time in front of the television one evening, he now has a wall full of his own art. Everytime friends come over (mine or his) he drags them upstairs to show it off. 'Look what I made! I did this at playgroup, and this was the Sinterklaas feest with Daddy, this was for Grandpa's birthday, and this I want to paint again sometime...' on and on and on. He's so proud to have his work displayed, he remembers each and every single item in there, I paid virtually nothing for it, and I can change it out every year or so to keep it updated. Of all the Kid Kreative ideas lately, I'm very much loving this one the most.
1 comment:
I really like your poster frame....that is a cute idea. I have to admit that I'm guilty of trashing everything. But I should probably hang on to a few things, right?
Post a Comment