It's will probably like a pathetic attempt to be cool on my part, but even clear back in my pre-Mommy days, I've been somewhat anti-typical-baby things. I don't do baby talk (there are no 'blankies' or 'duckies' or 'sees a pwetty witt-uh babee isn't see?' in our house), I've resisted the all-blue and all-pink color schemes in both clothing and room decoration, and I don't think our kids really even know many traditional nursery rhymes, as we've tended to read storybooks instead....and even then, most of them weren't traditional or well known. I'm not so far up my own backside as to think this somehow makes me superior to other moms, I just personally would have needed a straightjacket if I'd been subjected to hour after hour of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star or Rockabye Baby. Oooh! The mere thought sends shudders down my back.
So I have to admit, I am annoyingly proud of my selection of lullabies for both Mr T and Kitty Kat. I never get tired of them, and what's more, I do actually think they're pretty cool. You don't have to agree with me, but go ahead and listen to them anyway...they might just give a little smile to your afternoon.
Mr T's lullaby
Dream a Little Dream of Me - Mama Cass Elliott
Kitty Kat's lullaby
You'll Be In My Heart - Phil Collins on Disney's Tarzan (sorry for the ad on this one!)
For both of them
Under African Skies - Paul Simon and Miriam Makeba
No comments:
Post a Comment