I've been
scolded reminded lately that I haven't blogged in a while. I know. I'm perfectly well aware of the fact that my blogging since Christmas has been
complete crap somewhat less than usual. To make up for time, I'm just going to dump a whole bunch of pictures on you. Brace yourselves.
CHRISTMAS EVE 2010
We have started a tradition that we set aside a portion of our Christmas gift budget and put it in Mr T's Advent Calendar. The last day on his calendar is the 24th, so on the day of Christmas Eve, we take him to a toy store and let him choose whatever he wants with his money. This kills so many birds with the proverbial one stone: Helps him learn the value of 'saving' money, gives him freedom and control over his toys, lets us enjoy the surprise of watching him choose something we would have NEVER imagined, is just plain FUN, etc.
Well, since all our plans for Christmas Eve didn't turn out this time, we had to come up with some alternates pretty quickly. As we were in London, we decided to make a full day of it and take the train into Central London (a fun enough adventure for Mr T, just taking public transportation!) Big Chief also decided we should take him to
Hamley's on Christmas Eve to choose his toy. Normally, Regent St / Oxford St on Christmas Eve is something I would recommend only as a method of ultimate torture, but we braved it this time.
We then figured we might as well go 'whole hog' and treat ourselves to the
Winter Wonderland at Hyde Park...and the ice skating. Believe it or not, until that day,
I had never ice skated in my entire life. 'What the %&$£?!?!?!' you say. I know. Pathetic. And it's been on my Bucket List
forever. So we spent a week's worth of groceries on one hour of ice skating....and loved every minute of it. We splurged and booked a teacher for Mr T, and Thank Heavens we did. That poor 16-year-old kid had his work cut out for him then, because Mr T could NOT skate to save his life! Eventually they saved themselves a lot of hassle and put the double-blade straps on his feet....which gave him the idea he could
run on the ice, and he spent the rest of the time with the teacher holding his under the armpits while he literally sprinted (knees up, blades nearly slicing the poor teenager's nether regions) to 'race' us each time we came around.
I, on the other hand, was pretty damn proud of myself. I held the wall for the first 20 feet to get the feeling, and that was it. Yes, I held Big Chief's hand the rest of the time, but it was more for mental support than physical.
I didn't fall once! Not even close. And I may not have set any speed records, but I passed more people than other people passed me. Pardon my modesty, but I was awesome!
 |
| On the train! |
 |
| Another visit with Santa |
 |
| Important things to discuss |
 |
| Bumper Cars! |
 |
| Personal cameras weren't allowed on the ice, so we bought the expensive ones they sold..... |
 |
| But took one on Big Chief's phone anyway. |
 |
| On the train again! (a bit less energy this time) |
CHRISTMAS DAY 2010
 |
| We were so cruel, taking pictures while making him yoga his way into reaching the last gifts! (funny, though) |
 |
| Big brother wasted no time diving into his mountain of presents |
 |
| She's learned to close her eyes with the red light the flashed just before the picture is taken. We have a LOT that look like this! |
 |
| See what I mean?! |
 |
| You're nearly a Dutch baby....Mama will have you on her bike soon! |
 |
| 'What's in here? Should I be worried?' |
 |
| Still working away at it |
 |
| 'Finally! Something Mom doesn't mind me sticking in my mouth!' |
 |
| 'But everyone knows cardboard boxes are the best toys anyway.' |
 |
| Santa Baby |
|
|
KITTY KAT'S FIRST PLAYDATE
I was lucky enough to finally get to see my girlfriend and her first baby (let's call him G Dog), a boy barely one month older than Kitty Kat. So much fun....and very interesting to watch the dynamics of the adults in the room. The first-time parents were very cautious of either the babies falling/injuring themselves, while we were more of the No Blood No Foul philosophy, and kept saying 'Don't worry, she has a five-year-old brother and all his friends to survive. She'll never have the chance to be a delicate little flower!'
The most fun came when G Dog starting slapping Kitty Kat. His parents quickly stepped in to stop him and apologize to us. Then, when Kitty Kat started smacking him back, everyone was proud. 'That's right, girlie, don't put up with it! You put him in his place!' Same action, same age, the boy gets reprimanded and the girl gets applauded. We all had a good laugh at our gender biases.
 |
| Closing her eyes again....Darn it! |
 |
| Was it Love at First Sight? |
 |
| I think not |
 |
| She was not amused... |
 |
| ...so she throttled him with a Weeble |
 |
| 'I dare you to try that again, buddy' |
 |
| 'He's gone! Now I get my big squishy puppy back to myself!' |
Okay, so I'm about halfway through with the pictures I have to post, but I'm hoping this is enough to keep at least some of you off my back for a while, because it's late and I'd really like to go to bed while it's still today.
(that last statement totally made sense to me)
1 comment:
I love your blogs!! And I love you!
You and Kitty Kat look gorgeous and Mr. T is handsome as ever.
Looking forward to the next one...
Post a Comment