Anyway, I blame Chandra. All her talk about her half marathon
The plan is to get in 30 training runs before the big day, and to go for an hour each time. How fast I go or how far I get will depend entirely on how my body reacts on the day, but I WILL train my body to be able to not stop moving for 60 solid minutes. Whatever I achieve then, is what I achieve. I can say I won't compare it to the times of my previous 10k's (57:53, 54:56, and 73:13) but the fact that I can rattle those times off the top of my head after all these years is probably a good clue as to how likely it is I'll be able to disregard numbers and goals. Damn.
Want to know what's most pathetic about the whole thing? Our wedding anniversary is only a few weeks before the 10k, and I've already told Big Chief that he can buy me a new pair of customized running shoes as my gift. His eyes lit up like a child at Christmas. Those of you who know us will understand just how big a sign of devotion that is, allowing, no, REQUESTING that he buy me running shoes. I think it will probably be the best anniversary present I could possibly give him.
Pathetic.
4 comments:
My friend signed Mike and I up for our first 5K (wimpy, but it's a start) ON our anniversary. I hope I don't get trampled!!!
YAY!!! You go girl!! You will rock it! Keep us posted on your training!
I'm so glad we are long-distance internet friends who have never actually met and don't really know each other! We can encourage each other when our legs are aching and we're craving donuts to lace up our shoes and RUN!
I love you so please take no offense when I say that I have no intentions to be inspired by your extreme efforts. Not that I'm not outrageously impressed and proud of you but, if you don't mind, I'm gonna simply sit back with my coffee and doughnuts and read/hear about your accomplishments.
Now get out there and make lazy women like me look bad. We'll continue to enjoy our chocolates and pastries while secretly hating you. GO YOU!
I see you're on dailymile now! Mind if I add you?
Post a Comment